Sunday, May 16, 2010

Social Networking 3

The social network site I took a look at was Avatars United. It interested me because I am a big online gamer and I have played a number of online games over the last 12 years. When you arrive at the website it looks very user friendly, not a lot on the page to confuse you. The site is a community for MMO (massive multiplayer online) avatars to create profiles for your virtual world avatars, interact with friends and install social MMO applications. The page list popular world such as: World of Warcraft, Eve Online, Second Life, Age of Conan, Guild Wars and The Lord of the Rings Online, all the online games I have played.

To sign up you just type in your email address and create a password. Next you are sent an email with a link to click on to activate your account. You click on the link and it brings you to a page that you select your world (game), realm, avatar name and than choose a URL. But when I click the next button it does nothing. I did manage to get through using second life and my second life name. The profile page looks very similar to a facebook page. After looking around at the site, it seems to be more of a second life network than all the other games listed on the front page. All and all, I was a little disappointed with the network.

No comments:

Post a Comment